SANTA CRUZ COUNTY, Calif. (KRON) – Evacuation orders and warnings were issued Monday for parts of Santa Cruz and San Mateo counties due to an impending storm hitting the region.
According to Cal Fire, the following areas are under evacuation orders effective immediately due to the high potential for debris flow:
- Ben Lomond Fire District (Zones: BEN-E001D, BEN-E002A, BEN-E002D, BEN-E004B, BEN-E001B)
- Boulder Creek Fire District (Zones: BOU-E021A, BOU-E020, BOU-E017,
- BOU-E016, BOU-E010, BOU-E006, BOU-E001A, BOU-E002, BOU-E033A,
- BOU-E038A, BOU-E031B, BOU-E030, BOU-E018A, BOU-E014, BOUE009, BOU-E003, BOU-E001B, BOU-E015A, BOU-E039A, BOU-E040A)
- Felton Fire District (Zones: FEL-E002A, FEL-E003B, FEL-E003C, FELE004A)
- Santa Cruz County Fire Dept. (Zones: CRZ-E001B, CRZ-E001D, CRZE002B, CRZ-E003B, CRZ-E003D, CRZ-E006B, CRZ-E006C, CRZ-E007A, CRZ-E017A, CRZ-E017C)
Evacuation Warnings have been issued for parts of San Mateo County, as well.
- South Coast Zone SMC-E019, which includes Coastanoa and Año Nuevo State Park. This includes Whitehouse Canyon Road and areas south of Gazos Creek Road.
- South Coast Zone SMC-038, which includes Butano State Park and the Community of Barranca Knolls, west of Cloverdale Road.
- The Communities of Loma Mar and Dearborn Park in Zone SMC-E018.
- The Community of Butano Canyon in Zone SMC-E-098
Temporary evacuation shelters will open later today at the following locations:
San Lorenzo Valley High School
7105 Hwy 9, Felton, CA 95018
Scotts Valley Community Center
360 Kings Village Road, Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Pacific Elementary School
50 Ocean Street, Davenport, CA 95017
There will be space for extended car parking, and the Red Cross will be available for assistance. There will also be bathrooms, charging stations and refreshments and pet food at each location.
A call center has been set up at (831) 454-2181.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.