SAN DIEGO (AP) — A shoplifting suspect ran into the street to avoid a security guard and was hit by a car in San Diego, authorities said.
The 39-year-old woman suffered a broken pelvis and other injuries Saturday evening, San Diego police Officer Robert Heims said.
The woman was confronted by a loss prevention officer at the Kohl’s department store in the Clairemont neighborhood, the Union-Tribune reported.
Heims said she tried to run across Balboa Avenue and was hit by a Kia Soul driven by a 28-year-old woman. The driver stopped, police said.
The suspect wasn’t immediately identified.
- Postal Service: Send your holiday packages early
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- Cineworld secures financial help until hoped-for reopening
- US tells GM to recall nearly 6M trucks with Takata inflators
- Over 3 million screened by TSA in weekend before Thanksgiving