TRUCKEE (KRON) — Don’t drive through the Sierra this weekend – that’s what officials are telling travelers.
A winter storm is expected to hit Lake Tahoe Friday through Sunday.
The best days to travel into and out of the mountains will be Thursday and Monday.
If you must travel on Friday, try to make it by 4 p.m., officials warn.
Heavy snow and gusty winds are anticipated across much of the Sierra, according to the National Weather Service.
The heaviest of snow will fall Friday evening into early Sunday.
If you have to drive trough the mountains during the storm, be prepared.
Expect delays and chain control requirements. Also, pack an emergency kit that includes things like as water and blankets. If you cannot see due to blowing snow, pull over.
LATEST NEWS HEADLINES:
- Restaurants can resume indoor dining in Contra Costa County
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Will Trump say ‘fake news’ or ‘China’ more?: Sportsbooks offer bets for presidential debate
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Giolito dazzles, Abreu slugs White Sox past A’s in opener