LAKE TAHOE (KRON) – Be prepared for significant weather delays if you plan on traveling to Tahoe this weekend.
According to the National Weather Service, wet weather will continue Friday creating slick and slippery roads, with some rain or mountain snow at pass levels expected for the evening commute.
Light snow in the morning is expected to become moderate by the afternoon.
A break in the snow will happen Saturday morning, but lingering travel effects are possible as snow returns Saturday afternoon.
Sunday is looking to be the driest day as snow tapers off overnight Saturday. No travel impacts are expected on Sunday.
As of 9 a.m. Friday, NWS Sacramento had reported chain controls already in effect across the Sierra.
Latest News Headlines:
- Police: 24-year-old arrested for stabbing victim multiple times in Fairfield
- Self-styled daredevil dies in crash after rocket launch
- 2nd person in days killed by Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- CHP investigates fatal accident on Highway 101 in Redwood City
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories