SAN DIEGO (CNN) – A child died in San Diego Monday after she was left in her mother’s car.
The mother called 911 just after noon, saying she had just woken up from a nap and couldn’t find her 2-year-old.
A short time later, the woman called back to say she’d found her child in the car and that she wasn’t breathing.
Emergency responders were not able to revive the child.
Authorities haven’t said whether there will be criminal charges in connection with the girl’s death.
Latest News Headlines:
- Woman who coughed on SF Uber driver pleads not guilty to assault charges
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate