(KRON) – Cal OES has confirmed that President Trump rejected California’s major disaster declaration request for wildfires.
The request was denied for the following fires:
- San Diego – Valley Fire
- San Bernardino – El Dorado Fire
- Fresno/Madera – Creek Fire
- Mendocino – Oak Fire
- Los Angeles – Bobcat Fire
- Siskiyou – Slater Fire
State emergency management leaders say they plan to appeal the decision.
“The state believes we have a strong case that California’s request meets the federal requirements for approval.”
Cal OES continues to pursue other avenues for reimbursement and support for wildfire victims.
This was the second of two major disaster declarations California requested within about a month, the President approved the first. Five of some of the state’s largest wildfires in modern history have burned within the last couple of months.
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free
- Losses deepen for stocks, sending S&P 500 down more than 2%
- Trump supporters stranded in the cold after Nebraska rally
- CHP officer exposed to cocaine during traffic stop
- Live: Senators grill Twitter, Facebook and Google CEOs over bias allegations