SANTA BARBARA (KRON) – Friends are naming a Cal graduate as yet another victim in that deadly boat fire that claimed the lives of 34 people in Southern California.
26-year-old Wei Tan graduated from UC Berkeley this year, according to her Facebook page.
The City of Goleta is mourning the loss of Tan, who was one of the 34 people who perished in the Conception boat tragedy.
Wei will be included in the Berkeley campus memorial next week.
The event will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 10 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at the flagpole west of California Hall.
All are invited to attend the event which includes brief remarks by the chancellor, and a reading of the names of those who are being remembered, followed by music and spoken word.
- California loosens restrictions as new COVID-19 guidance issued
- Search continues for hit-and-run driver who ran over 24-year-old woman at Oakland protest
- March held for 22-year-old man shot, killed by Vallejo police officer
- San Francisco school introduces new athletic program for girls
- Cannabis industry still recovering after hit hard by looters