In a video that is now going viral, a 12-year-old boy detained by Sacramento police is handcuffed with a bag placed over his head.
Police say they put a mask on the boy after he spit at an officer several times.
The child was going to get some money from a car when a security guard thought he was stealing and chased after him.
Police say the bag is actually a spit hood and using them on a child is protocol.
The family’s attorney says officers should have shown some leniency, given the child is just 12-years-old.
The family says they may file a lawsuit and are asking for an apology from the police department.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 OAKLAND GANGS FORM ‘SUPER CELL’; 16 ARREST IN RAID
- MISSING PREGNANT TEEN KILLED, BABY CUT FROM WOMB
- 2ND GRADER THREATENS CHILD WITH GUN AT VALLEJO SCHOOL
- CALIFORNIA’S HIGH SPEED RAIL IN JEOPARDY
- OFFICIALS WARN OF ‘ZOMBIE RACCOONS’ AFTER REPORTED SIGHTINGS