A pilot and a passenger volunteering for Angel Flight West have died in a plane crash in Redding on Thursday.
The fatal crash happened at around 6:30 p.m. near the Redding airport.
“It is with saddened hearts we share that volunteer pilot Dick Tak and a mission assistant were involved in a fatal accident,” Angel Fight West said on Facebook.
Tak and the mission assistant had landed at the airport with two passengers onboard. After the two passengers disembarked, Tak and the assistant took off, departing from the Redding airport for a return flight to Sacramento.
That’s when the accident happened, killing the two.
The mission assistant has not been identified.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash.
Tak was also a Retired Canine Police Officer with Richmond Police Department.
- BAY AREA CITIES NOW AMONG MOST POLLUTED IN WORLD
- AIR QUALITY ISSUES IN BAY AREA EXPECTED UNTIL NEXT WEEK
- CAMP FIRE DEATH TOLL GROWS; HUNDREDS STILL MISSING
- MAP SHOWS HOMES DAMAGED, DESTROYED IN CAMP FIRE
- PG&E CRITICIZED OVER DEADLY CAMP FIRE