The U.S. Military Academy at West Point is mourning the death of a cadet who suffered fatal injuries while skiing.
West Point officials say Cadet Peter Zhu died Thursday of injuries he sustained while skiing on Feb. 23 at Victor Constant Ski Area on the academy grounds.
The 21-year-old Zhu was found unresponsive by a fellow skier and was later airlifted to Westchester County Medical Center. His death is under investigation.
West Point Superintendent Lt. Gen. Darryl A. Williams says the pain of Zhu’s death “will be felt for a long time.”
Zhu was from Concord, California. He was president of the Cadet Medical Society and was planning to attend medical school at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences.
- RUSSIAN RIVER FLOODS 2K HOMES, BUSINESSES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- BAY AREA RESIDENTS DITCHING HIGH COST OF LIVING, MOVING AWAY
- PARENT WARNING: ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’ TARGETING KIDS ONLINE
- 2 ARRESTED IN BUFFET BRAWL OVER CRAB LEGS
- MAN ARRESTED FOR RAPING GIRL IN HALF MOON BAY