SAN DIEGO (AP) — A woman was fatally struck by two marked San Diego police cars after jaywalking across a street.
Officer Dino Delimitros said in a statement that there was no crosswalk where the woman was hit around 11 p.m. Saturday in the Hillcrest neighborhood.
Paramedics transported her to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The woman's name has not been released.
Sgt. Michael Tansey told KNSD-TV the officers were responding to a 911 call about a burglary at the time of the accident.
No further details were released Sunday. Investigators in the traffic division were not available for comment.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area's Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: SUSPECTED 'PEEPING TOM' SEEN AT GIRL'S WINDOW IN CAMPBELL
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 16 HOURS
- WARRIORS PART-OWNER FINED, BANNED FROM GAMES FOR 1 YEAR
- COUPLE SAYS THEY GOT SICK AT SAME RESORT WHERE 3 AMERICANS DIED
- SHERIFF'S DEPUTY BITTEN BY SNAKE WHILE LOOKING FOR MARIJUANA GROW