SAN DIEGO (AP) – A second case of novel coronavirus has been confirmed in the U.S. among evacuees from China.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says the person was aboard a flight from the city of Wuhan that arrived at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in California last week.
The patient is in isolation at a San Diego hospital. Also in isolation is a woman who was mistakenly released because of a mislabeled sample that hadn’t been tested for coronavirus.
The evacuee was returned to the hospital on Monday after testing positive for the virus.
- This home set the record for highest price sale ever in Moraga
- NBA 75th Anniversary: Here’s what’s trending, according to Google
- San Francisco police say evidence points to man jumping from balcony at Chase Center
- Port of Oakland calls for cargo to assist in supply chain backlog
- ‘Angry and disgusted’: Train riders held up phones, didn’t call 911 as woman was raped, police say