More than 100 vehicles were involved in a deadly crash on a Wisconsin highway Sunday afternoon.
According to the Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office, the crash happened shortly after 11:00 a.m. on Interstate 41.
One person was confirmed dead and multiple people were injured in the crash.
The victims were transported to six local hospitals.
Officials say whiteout conditions are to blame for the multi-vehicle chain reaction crash.
KRON4 affiliate WFRV was live at the scene where a portion of the highway has been shut down indefinitely.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER