Is Chance The Rapper running for mayor?
The rapper teased a big political announcement in Chicago after cryptically tweeting Monday night that he’d be holding a press conference regarding the mayoral election.
That conference will take place Tuesday at 10 a.m. at City Hall.
This all comes one day after the rapper ignited mayoral race rumors after tweeting, “I’m thinkin maybe I should.”
His tweet is reportedly referencing his 2015 track “Somewhere In Paradise,” in which he talks about running for mayor.
“They say I’m saving my city, say I’m staying for good / They screaming ‘Chano for mayor,’ I’m thinking maybe I should,” the full lyrics read.
Other reports indicate it’s more likely that Chance will be endorsing a candidate.
- FAMILY-OWNED STORES IN WALNUT CREEK CLOSING DUE TO WHOLE FOODS
- ACTIVIST: SHERIFF PUTTING INMATES IN NIKE SHIRTS FOR MUG SHOTS
- SAN FRANCISCO NAMED POOP CAPITAL OF U.S.
- GIRL GIVES MOM CRACK COCAINE SHE GOT AT DAYCARE
- LA-BASED PORTO’S BAKERY NOW SHIPPING PASTRIES NATIONWIDE