(CNN NEWSOURCE) — A powerful, heart-stopping PSA is shedding light on school shootings.
The terrifying events happen at alarming rates across the country.
This new ad hopes to raise awareness for signs of violence in children.
The video shows kids sporting ordinary back to school items as shooting unfolds and they have to protect themselves.
Twenty-six people, including 20 children, were shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut in 2012.
Learn more about the organization hoping to prevent future tragedies at Sandy Hook.
- 3 charged in slaying of Ahmaud Arbery face court hearing
- Tear gas fired on New Orleans protesters on a bridge
- Hundreds protest death of George Floyd outside San Mateo City Hall
- George Floyd autopsy shows he tested positive for COVID-19 in April
- Mugshots released of all 4 officers charged in George Floyd’s death