OAKLAND (KRON) – During rush hour traffic on Highway 4 this morning, a CHP motorcycle officer was backed into after pursuing a vehicle which was passing on the shoulder and center divide.
The driver was spotted in the carpool lane, refused to stop and then took off into Baypoint where the accident occurred. Multiple units, as well as a CHP aircraft, picked up the pursuit and followed him to Oakland.
19-year-old Tyler Dickens of Oakland stopped the car and attempted to walk away, but officers arrested him. Police found that Dickens was driving a reported stolen vehicle and was in possession of a replica firearm.
The CHP officer who was hit is expected to make a full recovery.
- Spare the Air Alert extended through Monday amid air from Glass Fire
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Napa County family remains hopeful after evacuating home from wildfire