FRESNO, California – Civil rights activist and labor leader Dolores Huerta was detained during a demonstration at the Fresno County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday.
Huerta was among eight who were detained as the SEIU blocked the entrance the meeting “for failing to represent the county’s seniors, disabled, and their caregivers,” the SEIU 2015 says.
The protest was planned, and the demonstrators were “willing to risk arrest,” according to a press release.
More than 500 activists were expected at the demonstration.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Oakland Police Commission meeting held after police chief fired
- Flying Tails: Napa County rescue organization makes animals’ lives comfortable
- Redwood City school officials prepare for coronavirus
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed moves forward with safe injection site
- Vallejo cold case murder solved nearly 50 years later