SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) – Police confirm that they found a homemade bomb at a San Jose high school.
Authorities were called to Oak Grove High on Tuesday after a gardener found the device in some bushes in the student parking lot and took it to the administration building.
Police said that it was determined to be an improvised explosive device.
The school was evacuated and the device rendered safe.
Classes canceled Wednesday are to resume Thursday.
Police say there were no reported threats to the school before the bomb turned up and investigators are trying to determine its origin.
Latest News Headlines:
- Police: 24-year-old arrested for stabbing victim multiple times in Fairfield
- Self-styled daredevil dies in crash after rocket launch
- 2nd person in days killed by Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- CHP investigates fatal accident on Highway 101 in Redwood City
- Study: Eating a big breakfast burns more calories