Any time there’s a parade, there’s a lot of cleanup afterwards.
The parade route stretched for a little under a mile and a half and that entire length was packed with people.
So, in addition to the confetti along Broadway, there was also a lot of trash in the trash cans, garbage on the streets and discarded banners.
But, the parade wasn’t even over and the City of Oakland already had crews working on cleanup — guys with rakes and leaf blowers gathering all that confetti.
There were also street sweepers and garbage trucks that also started following up the parade, pretty much cleaning up while the parade was still going.
The parade has been estimated to cost between $2 and $3 million, which the Warriors have agreed to pay.
The team will also give $1.2 million to pay for police, firefighters, adn the clean up crews at the parade.
The City will pay for any costs over the $1.2 million.
- TENANT KIDNAPS 70-YEAR-OLD LANDLORD AFTER DISPUTE IN OAKLAND
- WOMAN KILLED IN CRASH AFTER TREE FALLS ON DANVILLE FREEWAY
- MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL LEADER ‘LA BARBIE’ GETS NEARLY 50 YEARS
- TEENAGER WARNS OTHERS AFTER BABY BROTHER DIES IN HOT CAR
- MAN SUES CVS FOR TELLING HIS WIFE ABOUT VIAGRA PRESCRIPTION