SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)– Early Thanksgiving morning, former 49ers’ quarterback Colin Kaepernick was honored at the Indigenous Peoples’ Annual Sunrise ceremony on Alcatraz Island.
Kaepernick was honored by the elder of the American Indian Movement, Fred Short, for his bold step in the fight against police brutality and racial inequality.
Short presented Kaepernick with feathers that he had been carrying for 30 years.Video credit: Sara Blanco and Franklin SterlingWHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN JOSE MATH CAMP TEACHER ARRESTED IN SEX ASSAULT ON GIRL
- FBI SEEKS HELP FINDING HELLS ANGELS MEMBER IN SONOMA COUNTY
- UBER COVER-UP HACK HITS 57 MILLION USERS, DRIVERS
- TOP 15 THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY DEALS OF 2017
- LIST OF RESTAURANTS OPEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY
- BAY AREA STORE HOURS FOR THANKSGIVING & BLACK FRIDAY