MARTINEZ (KRON) — An EMS chief at the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District has been charged with multiple embezzlement and controlled substance charges related to a drug addiction, officials said Thursday.
According to the Contra Costa District Attorney’s Office, the man, 50-year-old Richard P. Stephenson, stole controlled substances that belonged to the fire department to fuel a drug addiction.
Officials say the Martinez man is facing two felony embezzlement charges and two misdemeanor controlled substance possession charges.
An arrested warrant was issued Wednesday for $50,000. Stephenson was arraigned today on the charges.
The controlled substance charges specifically concern his alleged possession of Fentanyl and Midazolam.
Stephenson will appear back in court on Feb. 26.
- POLICE SEARCH FOR MAN CAUGHT ON CAMERA LICKING FAMILY’S DOORBELL
- SANTA CRUZ WOMAN SAYS IT TOOK 28 HOURS TO DRIVE FROM LAKE TAHOE
- SISTERS, 14 AND 12, CHARGED WITH FATALLY STABBING, SHOOTING MOTHER
- NAPA TEEN ARRESTED FOR ALLEGEDLY PLANNING MASS SCHOOL SHOOTING
- MAN SAYS 3 SYRINGES FOUND IN RECTUM AREN’T HIS