A Florida police officer has been suspended for allegedly playing Barry White while letting an arrested couple smoke and make-out in the back of his patrol car.
According to an internal affairs report released Friday, Fort Myers Police Officer Doug McNeal placed the couple in the back of his patrol car after they’d been charged with shoplifting in July. Authorities said 23-year-old Zachery Moellendick and 24-year-old Krista Leigh were not placed in seatbelts and that Moellendick was not in handcuffs and had a lighter and a cigarette.
The alleged incident was captured on video. Florida Today reports the video shows the couple making out. Authorities say the officer played “Can’t Get Enough Of Your Love” and agreed to let them smoke.
The agency says McNeal has been suspended for 20 days without pay. It’s unclear if he had an attorney to comment on the charges.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER