(KRON) A shocking find in the Southern California desert community of Joshua Tree.
Sheriff Deputies found three teenagers living in squalor and inside of a plywood box.
Deputies say the 11, 13 and 14 year olds lived in a large rectangular box that was approximately 20 feet long, 4 feet high and 10 feet wide for four years.
The property which had no electricity or running water was covered in mounds of trash and human feces. Deputies also say the teens had inadequate food.
The parents of the teens 51 year old Mona Kirk and 73 year old Daniel Panico were arrested on cruelty to child charges.
- SUPREME COURT WON’T HEAR TRUMP BID TO END DACA PROGRAM
- ICE AGENTS CONDUCT RAIDS ACROSS SEVERAL BAY AREA CITIES
- HEATHER LOCKLEAR ARRESTED FOR ALLEGED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
- OAKLAND MAYOR WARNS RESIDENTS OF POSSIBLE ICE RAIDS
- STUDENTS CLAIM SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL LOOKS LIKE GUN
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE