The two people who fell to their deaths at Taft Point in Yosemite have been identified, the National Park Service said Monday.
They are Vishnu Viswanath, 29, and Meenakshi Moorthy, 30. Both were citizens of India who were living in the United States.
Officials are still investigating when the pair fell and from what spot at Taft Point, which is 3,000 feet above the famed Yosemite Valley floor.
The investigation will take several weeks, according to the National Park Service.
More than 10 people have died at the park this year, some from natural causes and others from falls.
No further details were available.
- WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE SUSPECTED SERIAL MAIL BOMBER
- TOM STEYER TARGET OF SUSPICIOUS PACKAGE FOUND IN BURLINGAME
- SEE IT: CLOSEUP OF VAN TOWED IN CONNECTION WITH SUSPECTED BOMBER
- SAN JOSE TO PAY HOMELESS $15 AN HOUR TO PICK UP STREET TRASH
- TINY HOME IN SAN FRANCISCO IS NOW ON SALE FOR $650K