HAVANA (AP) – Cuba state media is reporting that the oldest son of late Cuban leader Fidel Castro has killed himself.
Official website Cubadebate says Fidel Castro Diaz-Balart took his life Thursday after months of treatment for a “deeply depressed state.” He was 68.
The eldest son of Cuba’s former leader was known for his distinctive beard and resemblance to his father.
A brief note read on state television said that his treatment had “required a hospitalization regime then outpatient follow-up.”
Castro Diaz-Balart’s mother was Mirta Diaz-Balart, a woman from Cuba’s aristocracy who Castrol married in his youth before beginning the revolutionary struggle that later brought him and his brother Raul to power.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ICE RAIDS 77 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA BUSINESSES
- POLICE: SUSPECT IN LA SCHOOL SHOOTING BELIEVED TO BE 12
- FLEEING CAR BREAK-IN SUSPECT HITS SF OFFICER WITH VEHICLE
- SFPD: DRUG DEALER HAD 223 BAGS OF HEROIN, METH, COCAINE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL DIES OF FLU AFTER TESTING NEGATIVE
- GET KRON4 NEWS ON YOUR AMAZON ALEXA DEVICE