COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) – A Danish prosecutor says inventor Peter Madsen has been charged with murdering Swedish journalist Kim Wall during a trip on his private submarine, saying he either cut her throat or strangled her.
Prosecutor Jakob Buch-Jepsen said Tuesday the case is “very unusual and extremely gross.”
Madsen is charged with murder as well as indecent handling of a corpse for disposing of Wall’s body.
Madsen claims Wall died accidentally inside the submarine while he was on deck during the excursion in August.
However, he has admitted throwing her body parts into the sea.
The start of the trial has been set for March 8. A verdict is expected April 25.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ICE AGENTS RAID 7-ELEVEN STORES IN IMMIGRATION PROBE
- MOB STEALS $100K WORTH OF HANDBAGS FROM NORDSTROM
- REMAINS FOUND AT HAYWARD WAREHOUSE ID’D AS MISSING FATHER
- STOCKTON TWIN TODDLERS STILL MISSING AFTER PARENTS FOUND
- MEXICO’S DRUG RAVAGED STATES GET ‘DO NOT TRAVEL’ WARNING
- WOMAN RETURNS ‘DEAD’ XMAS TREE TO COSTCO FOR FULL REFUND