SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – A gas leak in the area of the West Oakland BART station caused major delay in San Francisco and East Bay directions.
BART is recovering form the earlier problem. There is a 20-minute delay system wide in the San Francisco and East Bay directions.
According to BART officials, a car accident involving a gas line prompted the station’s closure.
Oakland Fire Department asked the BART station to power down due to the proximity of the accident.
The gas leak has been capped and service has resumed, according to BART officials.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER