WASHINGTON (AP) — House Democrats have subpoenaed President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani for documents related to his interactions with Ukrainian officials.
The House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs and Oversight and Reform panels announced the subpoena Monday as they examine Trump’s efforts to have Ukraine investigate political rival Joe Biden and his family. Giuliani assisted in that effort.
The Democrats have also requested information from three of Giuliani’s associates.
The committees are investigating the matter, which was a subject of a whistleblower’s complaint, as part of an impeachment inquiry against Trump.
- NASA: Katherine Johnson, mathematician portrayed in ‘Hidden Figures,’ dies at 101
- Couple suspected of killing 3 roommates in California over rent argument
- Alcohol ads encouraging youth to drink, study says
- East Bay priest placed on leave over groping claim
- Gun battle in Vallejo caught on camera; search on for gunman