CASTRO VALLEY (KRON)–Deputies from the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office are on high alert after a possible hate crime occurred Monday morning near a Castro Valley middle school.
According to authorities, at around 6:00 a.m. called to Canyon Middle School for a report of racist graffiti and vandalism.
A school district truck had offensive racial remarks against members of the Jewish and African American communities sprawled on it, deputies said.
Swastikas were also drawn on the vehicle and the rear window was smashed.
Deputies are investigating the incident as a Hate Crime.
Castro valley parents holding up signs against racism after racist graffiti found on school truck @kron4news pic.twitter.com/oSeIp6hKau
— Will Tran (@KRON4WTran) September 20, 2017
Please be safe and watch for kids and traffic. See you there ! https://t.co/lIrzaG7OmU
— Alameda Co. Sheriff (@ACSOSheriffs) September 20, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTOS OF SUSPECT WHO TRIED TO ROB BART RIDER WITH NOTE
- UNSECURED GUN STOLEN FROM SF SHERIFF’S DEPUTY’S CAR
- CALIFORNIA DAD PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN DEATHS OF HIS CHILDREN
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HITTING SAN LEANDRO OFFICERS WITH CAR
- VIDEO: YOUNG IMMIGRANTS SHOUT DOWN NANCY PELOSI
- POLICE: WOMAN SHOT BOYFRIEND, DISMEMBERED BODY
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP