A man armed with a knife was arrested Sunday at Oakland International Airport and he told authorities that he wanted to kill an officer.
According to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office, the man arrived at 8:45 a.m. and was captured on video looking into patrol cars.
After deputies confronted the suspect, he dropped his knife and then picked it back up, authorities say.
“After several tense moments deputies were able to de-escalate the situation and detain him without force,” the department wrote on Twitter.
The man told investigators that he intended to kill a police officer.
We recovered this knife from him. He later told us his intent was to kill a police officer. Fortunately, things worked in everyone’s favor and he is now under arrest. Great work by our Oakland Airport Police Deputies. pic.twitter.com/QPTf3FqFc9— Alameda County Sheriff (@ACSOSheriffs) March 10, 2019
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- 3 CASES OF MEASLES CONFIRMED IN BAY AREA
- SAN JOSE MOM, TWO YOUNG SONS DEAD IN APPARENT MURDER-SUICIDE
- ARCHAEOLOGISTS FIND HIDDEN TUNNELS BELOW ALCATRAZ PRISON
- MOM RAPED, SET ON FIRE KILLS ATTACKER BY DRAGGING HIM INTO FLAMES
- SAN FRANCISCO RENT HITS NEW HIGH, MOST EXPENSIVE IN US