SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Imagine being marooned on a savage tropical island.
It’s not a stretch at San Francisco’s Last Rites.
“You’ve just crash landed at Last Rites.”
This is Last Rites, a Polynesian noir drinking destination in San Francisco’s Duboce Triangle. It’s a touch of tiki with a dash of trippy.
“This is less a traditional Tiki bar and more a movie set from Romancing the Stone, Indiana Jones or Lost.”
There’s an air of danger.
The bar is a crash scene complete with real airplane fuselage. Vintage airplane seats are your bar stools.
“We wanted do do something a little different. You can see behind us we don’t have Tiki idols. We have something a little more native to the space which is concrete skulls or a stone skull as it were.”
Ian and Justin cooked up Last Rites and say the aim is to lose yourself in a blanket of fake fog. Experimental cocktails don’t disappoint.
“We usually recommend the drink Last Rites served with some flowers orange and burning cinnamon stick.”
For fans of edgy adventures – you can’t go wrong with Last Rites.
As an alternative to the happy hour – this dark-themed bar might just do the trick.
- WHAT PARENTS, STUDENTS CAN EXPECT DURING OAKLAND TEACHER STRIKE
- MEGA-STORM COULD DAMAGE STATE 3X AS MUCH AS MAJOR QUAKE
- ‘BABY SAVINGS DAY’: WALMART OFFERS HUGE DISCOUNTS TO PARENT
- WOMAN DECAPITATED WROTE NOTE: HUSBAND WOULDN’T PAY RANSOM
- MOM GETS LIFE FOR DEATH OF BABY FOUND IN MAGGOT-INFESTED DIAPER