SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The Bay Area has a love-connection with Hawaii.
Tourists flock there for the sun, the beach and the food.
Now you don’t have to hop on a plane – at least for the food.
If you need a Hawaii fix, Michael Mina’s Trailblazer Tavern in San Francisco is it. The tavern is inside the Salesforce East Building and is complete with Ohana vibes.
Meet the James Beard-nominated Hawaiian chefs: Husband and wife team – Wade and Michelle.
They’re bringing a taste of the islands to downtown.
Think Hawaiian comfort food like the huli huli chicken.
The ahi poke nachos is a real crowd pleaser.
You might order up the spam musubi – a savory island favorite or go hog wild with a spam can mai tai drink.
Save room for the dessert Michelle is famous for. She’s whipped up wicked desserts from Honolulu to French Laundry in the Wine Country.
Michelle’s Dad had wanted her to become a banker or PGA golf pro.
Thankfully she using her many talents to sweeten up – diners at Trailblazer Tavern.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS