The Diocese of Santa Rosa has released the names of priests accused of abusing children.
Bishop Robert F. Vasa on Saturday said the goal in releasing the names of accused priests and deacons who served in Santa Rosa is “to give to all the victims of clerical sexual abuse the assurance that they have been heard and the Church is very much concerned for their well-being and healing.”
Bishop Vasa acknowledged the diocese “had sexual abuse events as late as 2006 and 2008,” but said “the vast majority of the abuses occurred decades ago.”
The list is divided into four different sets identified by the numbers in brackets:
- (1) Indicates those whose names were released officially by the Diocese in January of 2004
- (2) Designates those priests whose names have become a part of public record, mostly by way of public expressions in the media or internet
- (3) Identifies those, not otherwise named, whose accusations are deemed by the Diocesan Review Board to be well founded and credible
- (4) Designates the names of accused priests who had varying degrees of connection with the Diocese of Santa Rosa and who had claims brought against them in other places
A total 17 of those named on the list have no known allegations against them during the time of their service or presence in the Diocese of Santa Rosa.
The list does not include any accusations directly associated with Hanna Center.
- ROOKIE OFFICER JUST TWO WEEKS INTO JOB SHOT, KILLED IN DAVIS
- KIDNAPPED TEEN JAYME CLOSS SAYS ABDUCTOR KILLED HER PARENTS
- GOFUNDME TO REFUND $20M IN DONATIONS MADE TO ‘TRUMP WALL’
- 2 FEMALE ROOKIE OFFICERS SHOT, KILLED IN 2 DAYS
- TEEN DOES ‘BIRD BOX CHALLENGE’ WHILE DRIVING, ENDS POORLY