(AP) – The Walt Disney Co. is indefinitely extending closures at its theme park resorts in Florida and California because of the coronavirus pandemic.
The company had closed Disneyland in Southern California and Disney World outside Orlando in mid-March with plans to reopen at the start of April, but Disney said Friday the resorts would remain closed until further notice. It cited directions given by health and government officials.
The company has been paying its employees during the closure, and Disney said it would continue to pay its tens of thousands of hourly workers through April 18.
- Man shoots and kills dog for ‘barking excessively’
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Trump’s Rushmore trip draws real and figurative fireworks
- Amid pandemic, Americans encouraged to stay home 4th of July weekend
- Beach parking lots close for 4th of July