TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — The Lee County Sheriff’s Office in Florida recently posted an update to Chance the dog, who was found in February with his mouth taped shut.
Chance was recently deputized last Thursday and the Sheriff’s Office says he is eager to get his paws dirty as he continues his recovery.
Deputy Chance’s first order of business was a ribbon-cutting ceremony at a new roller skating center in Fort Myers, and a teen driving challenge event.
When asked to describe his first day on duty, Deputy Chance stated, “ruff.”
The reward for information in the case for who taped Chance’s mouth still sits at $14,500.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- COLLEGE CHEATING SCANDAL: ACTORS, STANFORD COACH CHARGED
- SUSPECT ARRESTED IN STABBING DEATH OF SAN JOSE MOTHER
- FACEBOOK SAYS SOME QUIZZES WERE GUISE TO HACK YOUR ACCOUNT
- TRUMP SAYS ‘AIRPLANES ARE BECOMING FAR TOO COMPLEX TO FLY’
- WATCH: HUNDREDS OF TACOS RAIN DOWN ON VISITORS IN TEXAS