LAYTON, Utah (WFLA) – A 4-year-old boy in Utah is undergoing surgery after a dog ripped off one of his arms after the child stuck it through a fence Sunday afternoon.
The 4-year-old was taken by medical helicopter to a local children’s hospital in stable condition, KUTV reported.
According to the Layton Fire Department, the child was playing in the yard before going over to a chain-linked fence which separates the backyard the boy was in with the backyard two Huskies were in.
They said the boy reached through the fence to pet the dogs when one bit him in the mid-forearm and ripped off the lower arm with the hand.
KUTV reports crews were able to find the dog, but believe the Husky may have eaten the child’s arm and hand.
Animal control crews are searching for the missing arm and hand so it can be reattached to the child.
- OAKLAND TEACHERS VOTE TO APPROVE CONTRACT WITH DISTRICT
- SHERIFF: 2 YOUNG CALIFORNIA SISTERS FOUND ALIVE
- 5-YEAR-OLD BOY CALLS POLICE ON ‘MOMO CHALLENGE’
- FAMILY OF STEPHON CLARK SEEKING JUSTICE
- MAN SURVIVES 5 DAYS STUCK IN SNOW BY EATING TACO SAUCE PACKETS