A Florida motorist managed to escape unscathed after a sheet of plywood flew into her car windshield Friday afternoon, authorities said.
The incident occurred in the northbound lanes of I-95 near Rockledge.
Traffic investigators said a piece of plywood flew out of the bed of a 2006 Chevrolet pickup and sliced through the center of a car windshield, narrowly missing 35-year-old Rebecca Burgman of Melbourne.
Burgman suffered minor injuries, but refused treatment and was not taken to the hospital, officials said.
The driver of the pickup, 51-year-old Jaime Riveira of Haines City was cited for faulty equipment and failing to secure his load, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
- MAN GETS PRISON FOR RAPING NEWBORN BABY
- DRIVER ESCAPES UNSCATHED AFTER PLYWOOD IMPALES WINDSHIELD
- SAN FRANCISCO NAMED POOP CAPITAL OF U.S.
- LIST OF SEARS AND KMART STORES CLOSING
- MEGA MILLION UP TO $654 MILLION