SAN JOSE, CAlif. (KRON) — The match between the San Jose Earthquakes and Los Angeles Football Club scheduled for Sunday has been postponed after players tested positive for COVID-19.
LAFC announced three players tested positive for the virus earlier this week.
As a precaution, the game has been postponed for more testing and evaluation.
Major League Soccer is evaluating whether the match can be rescheduled before Nov. 8.
Multiple clubs will finish the season without playing the full 23 scheduled matches due to disruptions from COVID-19.
Qualifications for the 2020 playoffs will be determined by points per game average.
Latest Sports News
- New players added to 49ers’ Reserve/COVID-19 list
- Carr’s superb effort for Raiders not enough to top Mahomes
- Mahomes hits Kelce in last minute, Chiefs edge Raiders 35-31
- Castro Valley native Nick Lima leads Earthquakes into postseason
- Washington State vs. Stanford football game canceled due to COVID