Crews are working to contain a growing brush fire in the area of Marsh Creek Road and Bragdown Way, east of Mount Diablo, in Clayton Wednesday afternoon.
The fire is estimated at 225 acres as of Wednesday night.
It is 0% contained.
The temperature there is around 104 degrees with 10 mph winds and low humidity, all making for critical fire weather.
Structures are immediately threatened.
Marsh Creek Road is shut down due to the fire. The road is closed between Morgan Territory and Deer Valley.
Immediate evacuations have been ordered for the following areas:
- Marsh Creek Springs near Leon Drive and Morgan Territory Road
- Marsh Creek Road between Dear Valley Road and Morgan Territory Road
Residents in the area are advised to go by way of Morgan Territory Road towards Clayton, or Dear Valley Road towards Brentwood.
Evacuees are asked to only take essential items ready that can be carried.
All pets must be in a carrier or on a leash, and remember to lock your windows and doors as you leave.
If you are physically unable to leave your home unassisted, call 911.
An evacuation center has been opened at the Clayton Meeting Hall at 6125 Clayton Road next to the library.
For non-emergencies, call 211.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- RIDESHARE RAPIST: DISTURBING DETAILS REVEALED OF ALLEGED CRIMES
- NAKED MAN RIDES BICYCLE ON HWY 101 IN SAN JOSE
- WATCH: SAN FRANCISCO POLICE DEPARTMENT’S EPIC LIP SYNC VIDEO
- CUSTOMER WRITES ‘WE DON’T TIP TERRORIST’ ON RECEIPT
- TOURIST GOES TO JAIL FOR COLLECTING SEASHELLS IN FLORIDA