The alleged killer of 18-year-old Mariah Davis admitted to police that he strangled her, according to newly released court documents.
19-year-old Anthony Pimentel will appear for the first time in an Alameda County court on Wednesday.
Davis went missing last week and her body was found near Lake Chabot in San Leandro Monday morning.
Pimentel, Davis’ ex-boyfriend, was arrested for the alleged homicide of Davis.
He turned himself into police Monday afternoon and allegedly confessed to the murder, according to police.
During the interviews with police, Pimentel admitted to strangling her until she was unconscious using his arm around her neck, court documents say.
He released the victim from the choke hold and began to choke her from the front using both hands, court documents detail.
Court documents allege that once he knew the victim was dead, he covered her body with freshly cut branches that were nearby and left the scene in Davis’ vehicle.
- FLEET WEEK SF: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & BLUE ANGELS FLIGHT TIMES
- BODY OF MISSING 18-YEAR-OLD RICHMOND WOMAN FOUND, EX ARRESTED
- VIDEO OF TEENS ATTACKING, ROBBING 12-YEAR-OLD LEADS TO ARRESTS
- PARENTS: DON’T BUY THIS CELL PHONE CASE FOR YOUR KIDS, POLICE ASK
- SOUTHWEST KICKS OFF 72-HOUR FARE SALE