A grieving father has opened a rehabilitation center in Martinez in honor of his late daughter who lost her battle to addiction.
Before she passed, Katherine LoForte talked with her father, Anthony LoForte Sr., about opening a rehab retreat to help people just like her.
She wanted to transform her Martinez home into a drug rehabilitation center.
After she died, LoForte Sr. continued to construct the center and opened the Alhambra Valley Retreat.
“It’s a horrible disease and you need places to help you because it’s very, very difficult to do it on your own,” LoForte Sr. explains. “You need help and we’re here to help people who ask for it.”
- APPLE SHOWS OFF NEW, BIGGER PHONES
- TACO BELL VOTED BEST MEXICAN RESTAURANT
- WENDY’S GIVING AWAY FREE HAMBURGERS IN SEPTEMBER
- HIKER KILLED BY A MOUNTAIN LION
- DEPUTIES: PROLIFIC SEX OFFENDER MAY HAVE MORE VICTIMS