MARTINEZ (KRON) — Evacuation orders have been lifted following a fire with a “rapid spread” that burned in Martinez Sunday afternoon, the Contra Costa County Fire Department said.
Fire officials reported the 50-acre fire burned in the area of Alhambra Avenue and Forest Way.
There was no damage to any structures reported, according to Contra Costa Fire.
Authorities originally tweeted at 4:03 p.m. of a 2-acre fire burning, which quickly spread due to weather conditions.
By 4:17 p.m., the fire grew to about 5-acres, according to officials.
Evacuation orders were issued for people in the area of Alhambra Avenue.
Check back for updates
- Community gathers to celebrate Lunar New Year in San Francisco’s Chinatown
- Newborn safe after dropped off in Safe Haven box
- Virus death toll in China rises as Xi calls situation grave
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant for 3rd on NBA scoring list
- Several Dodgers go public, speak on Astros’ cheating scandal