Fleet Week is here and preparations are underway in Oakland to get the airplanes and pilots ready for the Blue Angels airshows this weekend.
Every year before each airshow, the Blue Angels take the time to give a few VIP’s a ride.
A firefighter from Los Padres National Forest, David Dahlberg, was one VIP who got to experience the ride of his life.
“It’s going to be fun. A ride of a lifetime,” Dahlberg said. “It’s a controlled stress environment. Where I exist is a non-controlled stress environment. There’s no comparison.”
A brief orientation and instructions were given to Dahlberg to prepare him for more intense movements and show him how not to pass out during the ride.
Then it was time to suit up and take off.
“It was amazing,” Dahlberg said. “It has ruined roller coasters for the rest of my life now. It’s never going to be the same.”
- FLEET WEEK SF: SCHEDULE OF EVENTS & BLUE ANGELS FLIGHT TIMES
- BODY OF MISSING 18-YEAR-OLD RICHMOND WOMAN FOUND, EX ARRESTED
- VIDEO OF TEENS ATTACKING, ROBBING 12-YEAR-OLD LEADS TO ARRESTS
- PARENTS: DON’T BUY THIS CELL PHONE CASE FOR YOUR KIDS, POLICE ASK
- SOUTHWEST KICKS OFF 72-HOUR FARE SALE