OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) – Former Oakland Athletic’s manager Art Howe was released from a Houston hospital Sunday afternoon where he had been admitted after testing positive for COVID-19, according to Sports Illustrated.
Howe, 73, was reportedly hospitalized in intensive care in Houston while battling the coronavirus.
He said he had been feeling sick for several weeks and was taken to the hospital where the diagnosis was made.
The A’s sent him well wishes via Twitter while he was in the hospital.
“Sending positive thoughts to our former skipper Art Howe,” the organization tweeted Thursday.
Howe managed the A’s for seven years, including two American League West titles.
Latest News Headlines:
- Santa Clara County calls for volunteers to help track people who may be spreading COVID-19
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state
- Pandemic exposes ‘our health system does not serve all’
- San Leandro church hosts free grocery drive-through giveaway for local families
- Trump: Justice will be served following tragic death of George Floyd