UPDATE: As of 5:10 p.m., the Fruitvale BART station had reopened.
OAKLAND (KRON) – Police are searching for a suspect after someone was stabbed on a train Friday afternoon at the Fruitvale BART station.
BART officials say the station is currently closed and the person stabbed has been taken to a nearby hospital.
According to BART, the victim suffered non-life threatening injuries. Officials have not detailed what led up to the stabbing.
At 3:45 p.m., BART said the Fruitvale station would be opening shortly.
Here’s what we know: Fruitvale station is closed due to a stabbing on a train as it came to Fruitvale. The victim has been transported to the hospital. Detectives are currently collecting evidence and video footage. Suspect is at large. Parallel @rideact bus service is provided. https://t.co/Y4PQwUDbcY— SFBART (@SFBART) March 22, 2019
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- WOMAN ACCUSES CAL FOOTBALL STAFF, PLAYERS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
- EAST BAY FAMILY LOOKING FOR ANSWERS AFTER DEADLY HWY 4 SHOOTING
- DAY IN THE LIFE ON BART: VIDEO SHOWS MAN SHAVING HEAD
- GOV NEWSOM WANTS TO CHARGE YOU $10/MONTH TO CLEAN TAINTED WATER
- HOW TO FIND YOUR OWN ‘FLORIDA MAN’ STORY