OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Oakland Education Association members organized an online fund to donate a percentage of their stimulus checks to undocumented workers in Oakland.
The OUR Fund will distribute relief payments of $500 to families who have lost income due to COVID-19.
To apply, click here.
Payments are being distributed via check, pre-paid debit cards or electronic funds transfers and will also be available to people who don’t have mailing addresses. Organizers say 100% of individual donations will go straight to families.
Latest News Headlines:
- Lawmakers unveil financial priorities to rebuild CA’s post-pandemic economy
- Sideshow enforcement returns: Oakland police prepare to tackle illegal activity
- ‘I am not a criminal’: Windsor mayor speaks out after 6 women accuse him of sexual assault
- Antioch mayor signs proclamation condemning recent wave of anti-Asian hate
- How Santa Clara County is responding to pause of J&J vaccine