OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Oakland Education Association members organized an online fund to donate a percentage of their stimulus checks to undocumented workers in Oakland.
The OUR Fund will distribute relief payments of $500 to families who have lost income due to COVID-19.
To apply, click here.
Payments are being distributed via check, pre-paid debit cards or electronic funds transfers and will also be available to people who don’t have mailing addresses. Organizers say 100% of individual donations will go straight to families.
Latest News Headlines:
- Remembering the Oakland Ghost Ship warehouse fire 6 years later
- 6 years later, Ghost Ship warehouse fire in Oakland raises numerous questions
- East Bay restaurant owned by Marshawn Lynch provides free food, toys
- ‘After School Satan Club’ sparks religious freedom debate in Virginia
- 3 suspects arrested in ‘brazen’ Oakland carjacking: police