OAKLAND, Calif. (KRON) — Oakland Education Association members organized an online fund to donate a percentage of their stimulus checks to undocumented workers in Oakland.
The OUR Fund will distribute relief payments of $500 to families who have lost income due to COVID-19.
To apply, click here.
Payments are being distributed via check, pre-paid debit cards or electronic funds transfers and will also be available to people who don’t have mailing addresses. Organizers say 100% of individual donations will go straight to families.
Latest News Headlines:
- Can at-home DNA tests predict how you’ll respond to your medications?
- Missing toddler found sleeping on her dog, miles from Michigan home
- 6 dead after train crashes into family’s SUV in Florida
- Traffic tickets can be profitable, and fairness isn’t the bottom line in city courts where judges impose the fines
- EV batteries degrade faster in hot weather: What owners can do