General Motors is increasing its efforts to “go green” by getting into the electric bike business.
On Friday, GM unveiled two e-bikes that will go on sale next year.
One of the designs is foldable.
Both are pedal bikes that also have a small battery pack and an electric motor.
As a rider pedals, the electric motor provides additional power.
Some e-bikes can run on electricity alone with no pedaling, but GM wouldn’t say whether its new bikes will run entirely on electric power.
GM also isn’t saying whether the new e-bikes will be sold individually to consumers, used in bike-sharing fleets, or both.
- VIDEO: MAN WITH CHAINSAW TERRIFIES BART RIDERS ON TRAIN
- SEE IT: ‘DEEPLY EMBEDDED MAGGOT’ FOUND LIVING IN WOMAN’S GROIN
- WATCH: LITTLE GIRL GOES TRICK-OR-TREATING IN ‘HEADLESS’ COSTUME
- HOW TO STOP THOSE ANNOYING ROBOCALLS
- COUPLE DIED IN YOSEMITE FALL WHILE TAKING SELFIE