SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Thousands are marching across the Golden Gate Bridge Saturday to show their support for Black Lives Matter.
Protesters gathered at noon at the welcome center on the San Francisco side of the bridge.
By 1:30 p.m., protesters began blocking lanes of traffic on the bridge.
The organizers of the peaceful protests asked attendees to be respectful of the bridge and to also wear masks and social distance themselves when possible.
The rally is to show support for Black Lives Matter and to protest over the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man killed by a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The demonstration is scheduled to last until 2 p.m.
Check back for updates
- Employee at Warriors Oakland facility tests positive for COVID-19
- Deputies to cite those not wearing masks in West Hollywood; 1st offense carries $300 fine
- Oakland Zoo at risk of closing for good due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Some airlines increase capacity ahead of holiday weekend despite surge in US coronavirus cases
- Burlingame native released from Minor League Baseball team after season canceled