SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — Thousands are marching across the Golden Gate Bridge Saturday to show their support for Black Lives Matter.
Protesters gathered at noon at the welcome center on the San Francisco side of the bridge.
By 1:30 p.m., protesters began blocking lanes of traffic on the bridge.
The organizers of the peaceful protests asked attendees to be respectful of the bridge and to also wear masks and social distance themselves when possible.
The rally is to show support for Black Lives Matter and to protest over the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man killed by a police officer in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The demonstration is scheduled to last until 2 p.m.
Check back for updates
- These are the counties that had the highest support for Newsom’s recall: final state numbers show
- Fresh pizza vending machine prompts curiosity and horror in Rome
- Suspect arrested for string of violent crimes in San Francisco
- Levee system’s integrity questioned as crews begin fixing more prominent breaches in South Texas
- More apprehensions at California ports of entry leads to ‘excruciating’ border waits for commuters