The defense on Monday is set to begin presenting its case to the jury in the Ghost Ship trial.
Prosecutors have spent the last five weeks making their case against Derick Almena and Max Harris.
Both men are charged with manslaughter in the deaths of 36 people in Oakland in 2016.
Today a judge could decide if Sharon Evans will be able to take the stand.
She was on her way home from a church event when she says she overheard a group of men laughing about having set fire to the Ghost Ship warehouse.
Her testimony was barred by rules against hearsay evidence.
Now the judge is deciding whether to make an exception.
For live, local news, download the KRONon app. It lets you watch commercial-free news from the Bay Area’s Local News Station on multiple streaming devices.
- VIDEO: SUSPECTED ‘PEEPING TOM’ SEEN AT GIRL’S WINDOW IN CAMPBELL
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 16 HOURS
- WARRIORS PART-OWNER FINED, BANNED FROM GAMES FOR 1 YEAR
- COUPLE SAYS THEY GOT SICK AT SAME RESORT WHERE 3 AMERICANS DIED
- SHERIFF’S DEPUTY BITTEN BY SNAKE WHILE LOOKING FOR MARIJUANA GROW