SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The Los Angeles Dodgers-San Francisco Giants game scheduled for Wednesday evening will not be played following boycotts throughout the MLB and NBA in wake of the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
The two organizations had a meeting on the field before continuing to stretch for a few minutes. Moments later, the field was completely cleared.
All players and staff from both teams left the field.
The Giants and Dodgers released a joint statement after postponing Wednesday’s match up.
Latest News Headlines:
- LIST: What is, isn’t allowed on Halloween in SF
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief
- Record 3rd-quarter growth; 8M more in poverty
- Netflix raises subscription prices
- Walmart removes guns, ammo from floor displays amid unrest