SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (KRON) — The Los Angeles Dodgers-San Francisco Giants game scheduled for Wednesday evening will not be played following boycotts throughout the MLB and NBA in wake of the police shooting of Jacob Blake.
The two organizations had a meeting on the field before continuing to stretch for a few minutes. Moments later, the field was completely cleared.
All players and staff from both teams left the field.
The Giants and Dodgers released a joint statement after postponing Wednesday’s match up.
Latest News Headlines:
- ‘This … sucks and you don’t want it’: Monkeypox patient opens up about his ordeal
- San Pablo man dies after saving his son from drowning at Lake Berryessa
- Boy, 3, dies after falling off 29th floor of Manhattan building, officials say
- Florida man charged for throwing hot dog at St. Pete officer
- Woman successfully stops wallet theft attempt in Palo Alto